Fire (Powder Game element)
Normally doesn't move vertically, but creates upward wind which pushes it up.
No, it burns things, but doesn't burn.
Burns some elements. Makes explosive elements explode upon contact.
Creates upward wind, disappears within a few frames of creation.
Both horizontally and vertically.
Fire is the third Powder Game element. It imitates real-life fire, but is different in many ways - it doesn't create smoke, and burning isn't very realistic. It can be used to burn and blow up various elements.
- Fire acts like a gas due to its slow upward rising and its ability to defy gravity.
- Fire disappears within a few frames of creation.
- A single pixel of fire makes a very slight upward wind. With larger amounts of fire, this wind becomes more apparent and can knock over powders and even counteract gravity.
- Fire also slightly increases the air pressure. In an isolated (surrounded by block) area, a constantly burning flame can greatly increase the area's air pressure and decrease the relative air pressure of other rooms.
- Fire melts ice, such can be observed in even too small amounts to cause a significant wind.
- Fire burns up wood and it burns for quite a long time. Also the wood changes into powder which again might burn.
- Fire kills fighters and players, and burns boxes and powder balls.
- Flaming elements will stop burning if submerged in water or saltwater. However, it may not be too effective, as the wind from the fire can blow the water away.
- Being highly unstable, fire has few uses other than simply igniting other elements or killing players and fighters.
- Fire can be useful in anti-gravity chambers for producing a steady stream of wind.
- Fire can be used in unstable pixel art as a light-red colour.
Reactions with other elements
|Acid||Fire is destroyed|
|Bomb||Fire is destroyed|
|C-4||C-4 is ignited|
|Clone||Fire is cloned|
|Fireworks||Fireworks are set off|
|Fuse||Fuse is ignited|
|Gas||Gas is ignited|
|Gunpowder||Gunpowder is burned|
|Ice||Ice is melted|
|Laser||Fire is destroyed|
|Nitro||Nitro is ignited|
|Oil||Oil is burned|
|Powder||Powder is burned|
|Seawater||Fire is put out|
|Seed||Seed is burned|
|Snow||Snow is melted into water|
|Soapy||None, but wind will make bubbles that will become fire|
|Vine||Vine is burned|
|Virus||Fire is infected|
|Water||Fire is put out|
|Wood||Wood is burned|